An infographic is a collection of imagery,data visualizations like pie charts and bar graphs, and minimal text that gives an easy-to-understand overview of a topic. Infographics use striking, engaging visuals to communicate information quickly and clearly.
But it’s crucial to remember that the visuals in an infographic must do more than excite and engage.
They must help us understand and remember the content of the infographic.
Why are infographics used?
Infographics are great for making complex information easy to digest. They can be helpful anytime you want to:
- Provide a quick overview of a topic
- Explain a complex process
- Display research findings or survey data
- Summarize a long blog postor report
- Compareand contrast multiple options
- Raise awareness about an issue or cause
When you need to give someone a really quick rundown on something that can be hard to explain in words alone, an infographic is a good way to go.